We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and experienced individual who wants to contribute to accelerating the decarbonization of finance.
- One of your main tasks will be to develop and implement a strategy to influence coordination initiatives and standards frameworks, including as SBTi, PAII and the sets of Net Zero Alliances, and the overall debate on how financial institutions must align their business lines with a 1.5°C target.
- You will work as much towards financial coalitions and their members as with NGOs and will have to articulate long term macro approaches with short term policy demands.
- You will have strong policy knowledge and a good strategic understanding of how to influence complex multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- You will work under the supervision of management and in close collaboration with the entire team and our partners. The full-time position starts effective immediately.
We are the first French organization 100% focused on issues at the crossroad of finance and social and climate justice. Launched in 2020, Reclaim Finance has already emerged as one of the go-to organizations of climate-related financial issues.
Affiliated with Friends of the Earth France, we aim to push the financial sector to work towards sustainable societies. In the context of the climate emergency and biodiversity losses, one of Reclaim Finance’s priorities is to accelerate the decarbonization of financial flows. Our method to get there: to snatch wins, one by one.
Reclaim Finance exposes the climate impacts of some financial actors, denounces the most destructive practices, and puts pressure on financial institutions until they stop them. Pragmatic, we know how to build alliances with other players and put our expertise at the service of financial institutions and political decision-makers who wish to transform their existing practices to align with ecological imperatives.
- Define the short- and medium-term strategy of the campaign, its planning, and its internal and external coherence.
- Carry out research and analysis for the campaign and create campaign materials such as reports.
- Prepare policy and strategic positions related to the campaign objectives.
- Carry out advocacy activities directed at financial decision-makers (appointments, writing advocacy notes, etc.).
- Coordinate closely and convene NGOs around the campaign’s objectives.
- Develop and maintain alliances and represent the organization with partners and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of a communications strategy and campaign planning.
- Communicate with the media and act as a spokesperson on campaign issues.
- Contribute to managing the project budget, fundraising, and reporting to donors.
- Contribute to the life of Reclaim Finance and transversal projects.
You are firmly committed to the fight for climate justice, have excellent knowledge of major environmental, climate and energy issues. You have a solid foundation on finance and, ideally, experience working with financial players. Above all, you should have curiosity and the ability to learn quickly, including technical issues.
You preferably have at least five years of professional experience in a similar position. You have a strong sense of strategy and negotiating, dialogue, oral and written communication skills. You understand power dynamic and have demonstrated your ability to lead effective advocacy campaigns that have aimed at convincing economic, financial or political decision-makers to change practices.
You have a strong capacity for analysis and synthesis, even faced with technical issues, and know how to articulate long term objectives and framework with short term policy demands.
You show initiative and are proactive, but you are not a lone wolf. On the contrary, you like and know how to work as part of a team for a collective project. You have excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to build strong relationships with a wide range of various actors–from NGO partners, to climate activists, to representatives of financial and governmental institutions.
You are fluent in English and French (read/written/spoken). A third language is a plus.
Terms and conditions
- Position to be filled immediately, permanent contract.
- Position ideally based in Europe.
- Flexible working hours during the week. However, we work with international partners in a constantly changing political context. You must, therefore, be available for regular work in the evenings and occasionally on weekends.
- Benefits for France: transport card 50%, health insurance 50%, and restaurant tickets 50% - to be adapted depending on the location.
- Remuneration: salary according to experience and our internal pay scale.
- Possibility of evolving in the position.