Become a part of a fast-growing, young and dynamic scale-up (about fifty talents now, and counting!), where you will contribute to making the world a better place!
Too Good To Go fights day-to-day food waste by helping food stores and restaurants to sell their unsold products at low prices.
Launched in France about 3 years ago, and present in 14 other countries, Too Good To Go meets a crazy success: in only a few months, more than 10 000 stores and restaurants all around France have joined the adventure and, together with Too Good To Go, saved more than 17 million meals in total from the garbage bins in Europe!
You can apply either in French or in English. A perfect use of French is mandatory for this position.
Too Good To Go is the world’s number 1 app for fighting food waste.
Why do we fight food waste ? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe with 16 countries currently active and more coming ! But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 88 million meals from the bin, with over 28 million meals saved just in France!
We have big, big plans to grow rapidly and build an always stronger and bigger team of the most engaged and talented Waste Warriors.
Are you ready to be the change you want to see in the world?
If so, continue reading.
As an Area Manager, you are responsible for all the Cooperatives (Système U, Intermarché and Leclerc) in the Rennes or Nantes areas :
- Mapping & Prospecting : Build and manage a robust network of independent stores in your region. Prospect new areas through cold calling, emailing, stores walk in & networking with others stores. Identity the key contacts & partners in order to develop the portfolio
- Negotiation and persuasion: Use your best arguments to convince stores to join Too Good To Go and fight against food waste directly on the field!
- Setting up the best offer: Build a perfect knowledge of your prospects; by investigating by phone, by going into the field or by any other creative way in order to offer them the most suitable offer, so stores sell their leftovers and fits with their needs.
- Onboarding: make sure that stores give us all necessary information, so you can add the account on the app, launch pilot, follow up through reporting and data, setup corrective actions to improve food waste reduction performance. You may organize in-store training session for the launch of Too Good To Go.
- Following up with the stores: you will keep the relation with the store to set things up well with them and maximize their impact - create a real ambassadors network and make sure they use our solution in the best way possible.
- Networking: Get in touch with other sales from others companies in the same area to understand the connection between stores & stores owners. Identity key partners in the area in order to be invited to the regional meeting. And built a strong relationship with key partners for them to recommend you to others
- Training of the rest of your team at HQ on all your learnings on the field (specific organization in stores, new arguments to convince store owner, important people to reach out…) in order to help them to be more convincing. You may also organize training for the Waste Warrior of the Sales team directly on the field. You will be the real field expert !
- Having a strong experience as an Area Sales Manager in charge of a specific scope is a MUST, +2 years at least
- Already having contacts with stores in the region is a PLUS
- You love being alone on the road and convincing people is passion
- You never give up, you have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style
- You are independent, an amazing organizer, know how to efficiently prioritize tasks and how to handle several projects at a time.
- You have the ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- You have a sense of community, and you know how to engage people
You should have:
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you know that food waste is a big beast to fight and that we can do it only if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego.
- You care, always look out for our consumers, our partners and colleagues. Caring is also about the way we do business. You do the right thing and eager to make yourself and people grow
- You want to raise the bar, we have sky-high expectations and we shoot to exceed them. This means taking big bets and demanding excellence from ourselves and others. We always push for more. Every single time. You work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- You know how to keep it simple: our ambitions are bold, but our solutions are simple. We want to keep it that way. You only see solutions and know how to break problems into smaller bits.
- You want to be part of building a legacy: we’re doing big things and we know it. We have an incredible opportunity to inspire the world and we’re proud of the change we’re driving. This place is special and we enjoy being part of the ride every day.
What we have to offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with +1200 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.